"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Sunday, March 8, 2009

Interview With the Kids

Some people on facebook have been doing this interview, and I wanted to do it and record it here. Both Ben and I asked Isabelle and Lily these questions, in different places and at different times, so they honestly didn't just copy each other. Sometimes they gave the same answer, it was cute! The answers they gave me are in blue, and the answers they gave Ben are in red.

What is something I always say to you?

Isabelle-"I love you."
Lily-"Be nice to me."

Isabelle-"I love you."
Lily-"I love you."


What makes me happy"

Isabelle-"Daddy tickling me."
Lily- "I make you happy."

Isabelle-"Me ticking you."
Lily-"I make you happy."


What makes me sad?

Isabelle- "When I fall off my bike."
Lily- "When me and Izzy are gone because a scary guy took us away." (Yikes that would make me sad!)

Isabelle- "When I fall down."
Lily- "I make you sad and say sorry."


How do I make you laugh?

Isabelle- "Tickling my nose."
Lily- "When daddy tickles me."

Isabelle- "Blowing on my tummy."
Lily- "Tickle."


What do you think I was like when I was little?

Isabelle- "With shorter hair and you had a littler head and a shorter neck."
Lily- "You said GA GA GA GA."

Isabelle- "Smaller and you also had a smaller nose."
Lily- "You would be a lion."


How old am I?

Isabelle- "27" (Right on!)
Lily- "7" (only 20 years off!)

Isabelle- "I don't know I can't remember."
Lily- "5."


How tall am I?

Isabelle- "That tall." (she spread her arms out as wide as they could go."
Lily- She didn't say anything, just ran her hand from my toes all the way up to my head.

Isabelle- "Taller than Mom."
Lily- "Tall as an elephant."


What is my favourite thing to do?

Isabelle- "Play with me."
Lily- "Hug me."

Isabelle- "Chasing me."
Lily- "Eat me."


What do I do when you're not around?

Isabelle- "Cook lunch and play with my sisters and clean up."
Lily- "You make dinner or a cake when its my birthday."

Isabelle- "Make a cake when its my birthday."
Lily- "Make a cake for me a butterfly one or a love one."



If I become famous, what will it be for?

Isabelle- "I don't know, watching movies."
Lily- "You'd be happy still."

Isabelle- "Play on a team, play on Manchester United."
Lily- "For your glasses." (Hey, look at Elton John!)


What am I really good at?

Isabelle- "Cooking."
Lily- "Making supper." (Glad they think so!)

Isabelle- "Playing soccer and winning."
Lily- "Doing supper."


What am I not good at?

Isabelle- "Skating." (This is true.)
Lily- "Not good at being in the igloo." (This is also true, I don't even think I could fit in our igloo!)

Isabelle- "Brushing my hair." (Ouch! I think he does a pretty good job!)
Lily- "The piano."



What is my job?

Isabelle- "To take care of us."
Lily- "Helping me."

Isabelle- "Going to work and taking care of telephones and our's."
Lily- "To get your pants on." (????)



What is my favorite food?

Isabelle- "Chicken pot pie."
Lily- "Apples."

Isabelle-"Seafood, crabs and lobsters."
Lily- "Fish."


What makes you proud of me?

Isabelle-"Helping me ride my bike and making the house clean."
Lily- "You be happy to me."

Isabelle-"When I'm playing at the playground and you make a cake for me when its not my birthday and we eat it."
Lily- "I would be nice to you."


If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?

Isabelle- "Animal Mechanical."
Lily- "A good guy."

Isabelle- "Larry Boy."
Lily- "Larry Boy."

What do you and I do together?

Isabelle-"Make cookies."
Lily- "Play the piano."

Isabelle- "Playing soccer."
Lily- "Play piano."


How are we the same?

Isabelle- "Same hair."
Lily- "We love each other."

Isabelle- "We have 2 of the same colour eyes, Brown, Brown."
Lily- She didn't know!


How are we different?

Isabelle- "Different colour of eyes."
Lily- "Hair."

Isabelle- "Our hair, 'cause mine is long and yours is shorter."
Lily- "You're a dad, and I'm a daughter."


How do you know that I love you?

Isabelle- "Because you always say it."
Lily- "You be kind to me."

Isabelle- "Because you always say it."
Lily- "You say I love you."


Where is my favorite place to go?

Isabelle- "The store."
Lily- "Costco."

Isabelle-"Disneyland." (Interesting even though he's never been there!)
Lily- "The jungle."