"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chloe did turn 3...

...I just never blogged about it! I put an album up on facebook, but I am trying to be more diligent with the blog and so, I will blog about Chloe and her birthday now! It happened on February 2, 2010 and we had a small family party the weekend right before. She wanted a Dora cake more than anything. Here are some photos:
I love her reaction here, she's just so happy

Grandpa Herget with Braxton, who is 1 month older than Chloe
The daffodils Nana and Grandpa brought her,

This was on her actual birthday, she wanted candles in some banana bread I made.
She has grown and changed so much this last year. Here are a few pictures of her life:

7 days old


1st Birthday

2nd Birthday

3rd Birthday

Here are some highlights and cute things of our Chloe:

  • she was totally potty-trained after only 2 weeks, and before she was 3!
  • she can spell her name
  • she can print C, H, L, O, and she is still working on the E
  • she loves to draw sunshines and stick people
  • she loves to rub your arm when she is tired or needs comfort
  • she loves Dora and Diego or "Eggo" as she calls him
  • she loves to jump on the trampoline, but just gently
  • she loves to play CLUE and calls the pistol a "water gum".
  • she can swim in the deep end with a pool noodle
  • she loves to go the library and get read to. Her favourite books are the Spot books with "opening parts."
  • she loves to play charades and calls it "parades".
  • she loves Olivia and often says, "I love Olibia", which is a step up from her original, "I love Old-libia."
  • she loves the colour green
  • she has no cavities as of Jan 2010. She loves to brush her teeth and is the first one to do it every night
  • she hates me brushing her hair, but loves to do it herself; she does a good job of getting all the knots out too!
  • she can touch her nose with her tongue and does it all of the time, whenever she is thinking or is bored
  • her favourite song is "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
  • whenever she "breaks wind" she says, "my bum burped."
  • she loves to paint (for hours)
  • her favourite stuffed animal is her beloved Red Panda
  • we affectionately call her Chlo Chlo or CoCo

We love her so much!!!!!!!!