"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Thursday, June 23, 2011

Olivia Likes Mischief

Olivia loves to go up onto her tip toes and reach for things on the kitchen counter. The other day I had my back turned while I was cooking dinner and she had reached up and grabbed the big tub of soft butter and ran off with it into the living room without my knowing. Very quietly I might add. I am always careful with things like knives, full glasses of water, etc. I am sure to keep them far away from the edge. I thought I would be safe with a 3lb tub of butter. I was wrong. Next thing I know, she is smearing big globs of butter onto the wall and in her hair. I think she was trying to get it off her hands after grabbing handfuls of it.

She can be a handful let me tell you. She only does things when she knows I am not paying 100% attention to her. Otherwise she is as good as gold. She also loves to get into my and Ben's stuff and play with it. I honestly don't mind this for the most part, as long as she doesn't make huge messes with it. Just this morning, I walked into our room and she was trying to put on Ben's deodorant she had taken out of his drawer. It was pretty adorable. Now she smells like a man. Ha ha.

Here is a video of her the other day. I was on the phone arranging meals for some people in our ward and she very quietly climbed into my basket of things and started playing. I thought it was really cute and quite harmless, and so I used the iPhone to catch a quick video.