Our baby Olivia turned 2 on August 10. It is so hard for us to believe she is already 2! She has grown and changed so much in this past year. She is a joy and blessing in our lives.
Some things about Olivia the 2 year old:
-she LOVES Diego! Great Nana was handing out coloring books to the kids at the Mossey family reunion, and she tried to give Olivia a Dora one. Olivia saw a Diego one in the box and refused to have the Dora one, she had to have the Diego one. She loves to sing and can even sing the theme song when the older girls help her. When she "requests" a song, she will often say, "Eggo song" and want to hear Diego. When she watches the show, she actually answers his questions about animals. It is so adorable.
-She loves singing! Her favourite song to sing is probably Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, but she also loves Where is Thumbkin, and I had a Tiny Turtle (that one she learned at swimming lessons.)
-She loves to speak and keep up with everyone when we are talking. She'll say adorable things like, "Um Mom? I love you!" or "I miss you" or "You the best daddy ever!" She'll sometimes say that to me with mommmy, and she even has said it to Izzy, "You the best Izzy ever!"
-She has become a really good sleeper. She takes a nap easily every afternoon sometimes for up to 3 hours, and she sleeps very well all through the night.
-She still uses a soother and a bottle. She calls them "baba and soosoos."
-She is quite friendly to other children especially if you encourage her to be. Sometimes her initial reaction is to be possessive of things, like she isn't always happy to let another child use the slide at the playground, but if you remind her to say hi, and smile, she will and then she will even put her arm around the other child and say, "my fend!" (my friend.)
-she is very strong and can run quite fast for her age and climb onto pretty much anything she tries to. She will get into things very quickly so I have learned to keep a pretty close eye on her at all times and know what she is doing. Recently, she was at my parents while Ben and I were at a movie. She had gotten into my mom's vaseline in her bathroom, which wasn't the first time. Then Isabelle, thinking she was helping out, cut out the vaseline and big chunks of her already short hair! So now she has short cropped "bangs" and even a chunk of hair out the back. Oh well, it could of been worse right? It still goes up into a little ponytail and looks ok.
-she loves being read to and loves picking out her own books at the library.
-she thinks it is the funniest thing ever when she strips down to her birthday suit and runs around the house completely naked. She does this at least once a day.
-the girls love to sit beside her in the van, and they fight over it all the time. She makes car rides more fun I guess!
-she loves to say the prayer at meal time or bedtime. She will repeat what Ben or I say one word at a time, word for word, except the last part she says on her own, "Jesus Christ, ABEN!" It is so adorable.
-she loves animals, and dogs especially. She seems really fascinated with them and laughs and is so happy around them.
We decided to celebrate her birthday by going out to Kayben Farms near Okotoks. There are a lot of fun things to do there.
This is the traditional birthday balloon surprise I do for my kids. She was so happy and excited to wake up to this balloon and stuffed animal on her birthday!
Licking the bowl of cake batter we made before going to the Farm:
Kayben Farm and the Sunshine Adventure Park:
The big bouncer, the girls loved this:
Playing croquet with cowboy boots on a stick:
This was a huge and FAST slide! There were these gunny sacks to sit on, but we learned the hard way that they made you go too fast! In this photo I am going so fast that it felt like I was going down a waterslide and I flew off the end and actually fell down! It was pretty funny. I was holding onto Olivia the whole time, thank goodness I didn't let her go!
Petting the horses. There were also cows, chickens, ducks, goats, and rabbits.
This goat kind of frightened Lily by jumping up onto the fence. Ben told her that goats eat clothes, and so I think she was scared it was going to eat her shirt!
We went back home after and iced her cake and went to Nana and Grandpa's to celebrate with everyone. She loved her cake and was excited to see the cupcakes. When she saw them in the kitchen she gasped and said, "Cupcakes! Yay! Happy Birfday to me..."














