"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Olivia Loves VASELINE

Olivia has an obsession with Vaseline, lip balm, glue sticks, anything greasy, oily, sticky, and hard to clean up. It is as if these things call out to her, "Play with me, make a mess of me." She smears these things on the wall, on furniture, in her hair, all over her face, on her clothes. I have learned to either throw these things away, or hide them on high dressers, underneath things, in inconspicuous boxes, etc. but she uses things to climb up and seems to always find them. And only when I am not paying my absolute 100% attention to her. For example, when I am helping the older girls with their homework, making dinner, etc. The video below happened few days ago when her and Chloe were happily and peacefully playing in their room, and I thought I could squeeze in a quick vacuuming of the living room. When I saw what she did, I decided to put it on video in hopes that we may all look back on this time in her life and have a good laugh.