"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Izzy's Teapot

Olivia loves to play on Izzy's new iPod, but thinks that it is called a teapot. It is actually really cute when she asks, "Where is Izzy's Teapot? Can I play on Izzy's Teapot?"

Olivia misses Izzy and Lily when they go to school. Yesterday she woke up and came down after they had already left and she asked, "Where is my Izzy? Where is my Lily?" I think she was trying to say where are my sisters and it came out like that instead. Too cute.

Olivia has learned how to play the computer. I think Chloe is the main one who has taught her. She plays on Starfall.com and loves it! She can maneuver the mouse and everything, all on her own. She is only 2 and a half! All my other kids did not learn how to work the mouse and play on the computer until they were much older. I said to Olivia, "How did you get so smart?" She said, "From the pooter and Lily's DS." She likes Lily's DS too apparently!

Almost every week at church someone compliments me on how well behaved the girls are in Sacrament Meeting. They say things like, "You are so lucky your girls just sit there nicely and colour, while my kids run wild!" There are many times I feel like my girls are running wild too, but it is nice to hear sometimes that people notice them when they do behave well. This past Sunday an older lady was sitting behind us and afterwards told us, "Your girls are so well behaved. They sit so reverently and quietly." She was saying that she loved to watch them, and at one point Olivia was gently playing with Chloe's pigtails and was holding them up to her own head as if to say,"I wish I had hair too." She said it was really cute. I didn't even notice! Olivia's hair is really short for her age! It just grows so slowly. Every child is very different and unique, even if they are from the same family!