"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Thursday, February 2, 2012



A few detailed notes about 5 year old Chloe:

-She calls all missionaries, or really any man wearing a suit and tie a "prophet." Once we were riding in the car somewhere and she said, "I saw a picture of a prophet mom!" I looked and it was a picture of a realtor on a bus bench. He was wearing a suit.

-She is quick to notice if a person on TV or on an ad at the store is dressed immodestly. She'll say, "That person is immodest, she shouldn't wear that." We are happy she knows that, but we also taught her it isn't nice to say that to other people. We don't want her offending anyone!

-She likes to get scalp massages or head rubs. They help her fall asleep. I love them too!

-She loves to not only catch the ladybugs but build little homes for them out of grass and sticks.

-She said she wants to be a vet when she grows up because, "then you get to have lots of pets!" She loves animals and hopes to one day have a baby parrot. I told her the baby parrot wouldn't always be a baby, it would grow up one day, and she said, "Then I'll just get another baby parrot!"

We love having Chloe for our daughter! She is a real blessing to have in our home and in our lives. We love her very much!