It is hard to believe Olivia is already 3! I thought it was really funny when I weighed and measured her to find she was 3'3" and 30 lbs...so many 3's for my 3 year old!
Here are some things about Olivia at age 3:
-Lately every morning when she wakes up, she comes up to me while I am still sleeping and wakes me up by saying, “Mom, it’s Spring! It’s Spring mom, get up!” She equates the sunshine and birds singing to Springtime I guess!
-If something bothers her in some way, she tells me that it “freaks” her out. There was a small bug on the window sill and she kept saying, “Mom, this is freakin me out!”
-She LOVES dogs and really any cute animal. Ben’s sister’s dog Jimmer was here for a short while, and she loved to just hold his leash and walk him around the house. She said, “I just want a dog so badly.” She loves my sister's dogs too, especially the little one, Taco.
-She loves her old Nursery leader Sashiere, and would always talk about HER friend Sashiere. She has a new one who she is still getting to know, and is a little shy around. When we go into Nursery, one of her hands is holding my hand, and the other is covering her eyes. She is just too shy to even look at them! Then she warms up to them and is fine and happy to be there.
-She loves singing songs and music in general. The Singing Time Leader told me that Olivia loves to sing songs in Nursery! She said that when we were away for two weeks, none of the other children would really sing, but when Olivia is there, she sings, and so everyone else does too! Her favorite songs right now are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and the theme song to Doc McStuffins. She has an aptitude for learning songs and remembering them. She will often hear a song on the radio and shout out what movie she has heard it in, even if she has only seen the movie once!
-She loves to wear dresses and skirts, and requests to wear them EVERY DAY. Even in the winter she would do this, when it was colder. She likes to pretend she is a princess and sometimes will say to me, “Today I am going to marry a Prince.” Sometimes that Prince is Daddy, or Grandpa, or Brock! Sometimes she’ll bring me this poofy white dressup dress we have, and say to me, “I want a bride dress now. I want to be bride today!”
-She asks for “bones” in her hair, which means any kind of bow, or hair elastic. BUT, she ALWAYS, always, always, rips them out!!! One time she begged and begged for a “bow” in her hair, and I said I would put one in as long as she didn’t rip it out. She assured me she wouldn’t and that she would keep it in her hair all day, so I did. Sure enough a couple of hours later I found a ripped out elastic on the floor. She likes the idea of ponytails and pigtails, but can’t stand them actually in her hair! Although, just the other day, she kept one in for the entire day, so maybe she is starting to get used to them!
-She loves to tote around purses, baskets, buckets, anything that will carry her little “treasures” or toys.
-She loves her sisters very, very much! She loves to keep up with them and participate in any game or project they are doing. If one of them gets in trouble, or gets disciplined at all, she often will stand up for them and say something like, “Don’t get my sister in trouble. She is my best sister!”
-LOVES makeup…lipstick, blush, powder, mascara, any kind of makeup! She will often take my makeup bag and run and hide under her bed and play with it and put it on, and make a MESS! We were at Ben’s parent’s house and after we left Ben’s mom emailed a picture she took of her bathroom. Olivia had gotten into her makeup, but she didn’t make a mess! She very carefully and neatly lined every item up in a row. Ben’s mom told me that Olivia earlier told her, “I am not playing with your makeup!” She was confused why Olivia said that, but figured it out after she saw her bathroom! She also loves jewelry like necklaces, rings, and earrings. She was so proud of these ones we bought for her the other day (this was also the day she wore a ponytail in her hair for the whole day!):
-She loves to sleep in my bed with me. Once it was time for everyone to go to bed, and instead of climbing into her bed, she climbed into mine. Ben then layed down next to her, and she started waving her hand and said, “Shoo! Shoo! Shoo now! You go lay downstairs!”

