"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Thursday, November 28, 2013

Remembrance Day Ceremony

The girls all had little parts in the Remembrance Day ceremony at their school this year.  Chloe's class recited a poem that I watched but was unable to get a video of.  Izzy joined the Handbell Group at school and her group did a little number.  And Lily was selected to describe peace in her own words.  She said, "Peace is this.  Peace is tasting Mom's best cookies.  Peace is smelling a yummy casserole in the kitchen."  I don't know why exactly, but I was really touched by her! It actually brought tears to my eyes when she said it.  Ben agreed and he thought it was really profound.  Sometimes we forget that the little things are the greatest things.  I also think that a soldier who is in war, wet and cold in a foxhole, would really agree that peace includes the comforting and delicious smells from home. 

Anyway, enjoy the videos!