Today I registered Olivia for kindergarten! I am sure going to miss my little sidekick come September. That's one of the special things about being the youngest-- you get that one on one time with your mom everyday when your siblings go to school. The youngest and the oldest are really the only ones who get to experience having parents all to themselves for long periods of time like that.
It's been so fun having her with me all day. She loves to do anything and everything with me....baking, reading, crafts, painting nails, cleaning the bathrooms, laundry! When I went in to register her, the lady said, "Do you have any other children in this school?" I told her yes, and she said, "So, is this is your last child to register for kindergarten?" Yes! She is my last baby to send to school. It is so sad, yet it is a good thing too. Olivia loves school! She was upset today when we left, she thought she was going to stay and start kindergarten today! When I sat down to register her, Olivia sat beside me and excitedly told the lady, "I get to go to THIS school!" She is so excited to go to the same school as her sisters. I am so happy they get to stay together for several years.
Today during lunch, Olivia said to me, "I don't want to grow up and be a mom, I want to stay your kid forever! I will miss you too much!" So sweet. I assured her she will always be my kid and I will always be her mom, even when she grows up and becomes a mom herself. I will miss HER, when she starts school in Sept. At least I will still have her with me for half the day!
Here are some fun moments we have had this past year during the day while the others were at school (and yes, some of these are self taken....sometimes I am in the moment and I think, I want to remember this and so I set the timer on the camera and take a selfie!):
 |
| One of many baking moments...she LOVES to bake and work in the kitchen! |
 |
| Helping me harvest the garden in the early fall |
 |
| Out for lunch with Daddy, lucky girl! Daddy took this picture. |
 |
| We would go for many, many bike rides in the spring and fall. It is so nice when she sits on the Wee Ride seat in front of me and we can talk while we ride. I remember once how much fun we had counting all the butterflies we saw together. |
 |
| Again in the warmer weather, it was fun to take the afternoon and go to the lake and go for a kayak ride together! I look forward to these days again. |
 |
| She loves to go for walks and explore things. Even in the winter she loves to do this all bundled up. |