Thursday, October 1, 2015
Back into the swing of things...
So my "job" as a Lunchroom Supervisor has started. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now. I can't believe how much I actually love it! I thought it would be a little annoying, especially having to go right in the middle of the day. Maybe I will feel like that down the road, but for now, that doesn't bother me at all! But, it's like I forgot how much I really love being around children. I supervise a grade 3 class (not Chloe's. They actually don't let you be in the same class as your own children) and they are just the sweetest, funnest kids. One little girl said to me the other day, "Do you have any of your own children?" I told her yes, I have 4! Her eyes got big and she said with a surprised tone, "Really? You don't look old enough to have ANY!" The whole hour that I'm there just flies by. All I really have to do is take attendance, hand out spoons to kids who forgot one at home, help them tie their shoes, stuff like that! Really, it is so easy and fun. And chat with them, which is what I love. They are always so eager to tell me about their lives and random things. They are old enough that they already know what is expected of them behavior wise, and they already have a routine down, and so it's so easy and nice to just be there and watch over them. The other ladies who supervise are super nice too. The one who trained me is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. She told me she is over 50, but has no children of her own, just a nephew that goes to the school. So she considers these kids her kids. Her name is Mrs Rose....perfect name for such a sweet gal! I love to see my kids at lunch too! Chloe's classroom is just across the hall from where I go, and so she loves to walk around with me at her recess! Her and her two friends Chloe C. and Alysha. I tell them, you should go play while you can! Chloe said,"All who want to go play raise their hand! (no one raised their hand.) And all who want to walk around with my mom, raise their hand!" (and they all raised their hand and laughed.) It is fun to chat with them, and have them tell me all about their day and happenings. I see Olivia out there too, and even Lily who is in the higher division, comes out once in a while for things. I love to see all my primary kids too! I had to fill in for some other classes the other day, and a couple of primary kids were in there. They are happy to see me too. I have also been assigned the Grade 3 Running Club on Tues/Thurs and there are a lot of kids I know there too. So far, it's just been great. I find myself actually looking forward to going everyday. The only other kind of paid work I ever did before in my life was work in a science lab. Which I enjoyed, but it was so solitary, and so repetitive and almost mundane, and so I got soooooo bored with it so quickly. I didn't have chances to chat to other people very often. Where as this is more interactive, and it's different everyday. And the fact that its only an hour a day is a big factor too! Maybe one day it will help lead to something else. I think I would love to be an EA, Educational Assistant, where I could work one on one with some students or just help a teacher out with odd jobs. But then I was looking into Diagnostic Sonography too. (Ultrasound tech) I think that is something I would like to do too! That would take 3 years of tough schooling though, so that is not the right thing for me or my family right now. Maybe when the kids have all grown up and don't need me as much. I don't know! I like to help and work with people though. And I really love to be around children. Oh well! I have time to think about all of that some more.
