"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Sunday, June 8, 2008

Recent Happenings






So with the mixture of rain and sunshine has come the beautiful flowers, green grass, and dandelions everywhere. There are two big lilac bushes right outside the front of our place, and the fragrance is very potent and wonderful. We've been enjoying the outdoors everyday, and can't wait for summer.







Isabelle has started a "fun soccer"; a little league organized by some of the ladies in my ward. In fact, my cousin is her coach! They do such an awesome job with all of those little kids. Izzy is loving it and is so excited to go each week. I am impressed with how fast she seems to be learning it; this is her first time ever doing soccer, so I wasn't sure how it was going to work out.






We are glad she is enjoying it. You can tell I never played soccer growing up because I had no idea the shin pads were supposed to go UNDER the socks. At least I wasn't the only mom there who made that mistake. I quickly fixed it as soon as I learned. :)







Here is Nicole molding the next generation of Canadian soccer superstars.











A little while ago, this awesome little petting zoo came to the Capilano elementary school, which is not far from us. It was during Izzy's playschool hours, so only Lily and Chloe were able to enjoy it. And did they ever! Lily loved all of the baby goats, bunnies, calf, and they even had a wallaby! Lily liked to brush its hair. Chloe was so excited to see all the animals too, and wanted to hold the bunnies a lot as well. She kept waving at the animals saying, "Hi! Hi!" It was fun.










So our little nephew Parker broke his arm this past weekend, falling out of a fire truck! He had to get two pins put in his arm. At least he is OK. We went today to go see him at the hospital, which was really exciting for the girls. The Marusiaks showed up the same time we did, so it was like a family reunion in the hospital room. I guess the surgery to put his pins in went well, and he seems to be doing really well now.