Friday, October 10, 2008
Bathtime Mischief by Ben Anderson
So this post has no pictures, because I was too busy cleaning up the mess to capture it for posterity. The other night, Sandi was out shootin' hoops with all her baller friends, and, being the super-dad I am I decided to give the girls baths while she was out (that way they go to bed earlier, and I get Sandra all to myself). Isabelle has recently decided she no longer wants to bathe with the little kids, so I filled the tub with bubbles, and put Chloe and Lily in together. Isabelle wanted me to read her library book from school, so she and I were in my bedroom reading, with the doors open so we could listen for the laughter and splashing. In an instant the shrieks of glee turned to shrieks of despair. Rushing to the aid of my little ones I round the corner to see Chloe and Lily sitting in the empty tub, covered in a sudsy lather. Lily was crying as she rubbed even more of it into her eyes, while Chloe squealed with delight as she emptied the last of the shampoo bottle (purchased earlier in the week) onto her sister's head. After 5 minutes of rinsing per child they were finally ready to get out of the tub. Sorry Sandra, but I have decided I will not be doing any of the bathing from now on. I guess it serves me right for being a somewhat less "Super" version of Super-Dad.
