"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Monday, February 16, 2009

Izzy

So a couple of days ago Izzy did something that was so sweet I want to record it. Ben was working late, and as usual I was feeling quite ill and tired. We had dinner really late, and so, right afterwards I had all the girls go upstairs to get PJ's on and get ready for bed. I was upstairs with the younger two, but Isabelle was taking a really long time to come up. I had to call down to her about 4 or 5 times before she finally came up. I was starting to feel a little annoyed that she was dilly-dallying so much. Anyway, when she came up, she got right into her pajamas, and then we read scriptures, sang a song, said prayer, I brushed their teeth, and I tucked them into bed. They were all so tired that night that by the time I went to go get my PJ's on, they were all asleep! It was pretty late. Anyway, I then went downstairs to clean up dinner, and to my surprise the table had been completely cleared! Isabelle was taking so long to come up because she was clearing everything off the table for me! She did it without me asking and without me knowing. It really made me feel happy and grateful for her. She's only 5, yet she still knows how to help me and cheer me up! I thanked her for it first thing the next morning and she was happy that she had surprised me. I love Isabelle so much!!!