"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Once Upon A Time....

...WAY back in my YSA days, there was this guy who asked me out on a date. To say the least, he was really weird! He talked a lot, and he was just this nervous-like creature. My first thought was, "How am I going to get out of this one?" But then, I thought, "No no no, I'll go on the date with him, it'll be fine, just one date." So I went out with him. He took me to a play at the U of A, "Oz". It was a version of the Wizard of Oz, and it was very good. We then went out to a bonfire after, that a group of our friends were at. Let me tell you, I had such a good time on that date, and I found that I liked this guy so much, that I eventually...






...MARRIED HIM!!!!!





Yes, my first impressions of Ben were not really great ones. First impressions are rarely accurate! I have thought about that since, and I realized when he gets nervous, he talks a lot. He was asking a total stranger out on a date, of course he was nervous! Who wouldn't be? But once we started dating, the nervousness wore off and I got to see his true colours.


Had I not gone out on that first date with him, I would never have learned all about him and his best qualities. His best qualities are the following:


-He is funny! He still makes me laugh on a daily basis, even when I am mad at him. He can also make anyone, anywhere, anytime, always smile, if not laugh.

-He is positive, uplifting, and cheerful.

-He is a very good person. Once, we were stopped at a red light downtown, and this man in a wheelchair started to cross the crosswalk. There were atleast 20 other people crossing too. It was slushy and icy out that day, and the man in the wheelchair was having a really difficult time. Out of nowhere, Ben put the car into park, unbuckled his seatbelt, and got out of the car to push the man across the crosswalk. He'll often do things like that without being asked.

-He has a strong knowledge and deep love for the Gospel.

-He is really, really good with children and, needless to say, I have also discovered he is a really GREAT dad!




I am so thankful he asked me out on that day and dated me and married me and has stuck beside me through thick and thin, despite all of my flaws. He is my one and only. He is the best!