"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Calgary Temple Site

The ground breaking for the Calgary Temple will be next weekend. This weekend, our Primary had all of the kids go up to the site where the Temple will be built. They each picked out a rock from the ground, and then the Bishop talked to the kids about the Temple. It was a really simple activity, but so great. It was nice to see where the Temple will be. It is nice to be here for this, and I look forward to watching it get built. I was there for the Edmonton Temple dedication and open house, and it was a great experience. I am glad the girls will get to experience this.





This is where the Temple will go, on top of that hill:

This is the view from on top of the hill. You can't really see in this photo, but the mountains are just beautiful.

You can also see C.O.P. and the ski jumps! It is hard to tell from the photo, it was so bright!


Some of the kids just playing...



The Stake center beside the site. I think it is called the Calgary North Stake, but I am not 100% sure.


Here are Izzy and Chloe with their rocks. It was so cold up there that day!



The Primary