"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We Loved You Dearly Grandma Herget

My Grandma Herget passed away last night. She had led a full, long life. Her warm smile and kind voice will indeed be missed. I have so many wonderful memories of her. Here are some most recent photos I have of her:


Here she is with Olivia on her blessing day. She made the trip up to Calgary for it, even though travelling was so hard for her. Even in her very old age she was still strong enough to hold her and play with her.



This is the most recent photo I have of her. It was taken last Christmas at the lodge she lived in, in her room. She is again holding Olivia, and is so warm and bright as usual.



This was in the summer of 2009, at her 85th Birthday celebration. I love the pictures of her with the girls:



Here she is with all 5 of her children:


and with our family....


Here is an older one I found of her and Chloe in the summer of 2007:




You will be greatly missed Grandma! We will love you forever!