Lily's Rainbow Party was a success! She had been looking forward to it for so long. She wanted to invite her entire kindergarten class plus friends from church, so to narrow it down and keep the number of kids somewhat reasonable, I suggested girls only. We ended up with 9 guests, which made for a big party!
The Rainbow cupcakes turned out pretty good! I saw them on a blog and thought they looked pretty easy, and then a couple of days later I saw a pack of those rainbow candies at Superstore. Lily loved them. I threw in a couple of sunshine cupcakes as well.

I tried to stick to the Rainbow theme that Lily wanted pretty closely. I even tried to make the fruit platter look like a rainbow. The girls devoured the strawberries and grapes, and didn't even touch the cantaloupes or honeydew melon. I thought only my kids didn't like them!
We played many games, this one being "Rainbow Squeeze", where the girls have to squeeze each other's hands until the last girl feels the squeeze and grabs the rainbow licorice at the end. They all really liked this one:
Here they are playing "Blind Man's Bluff." Ben is helping the blindfolded girl as it was pretty tricky to tag someone:
Here they are making Suncatchers. We also made Froot Loop necklaces, and colored marshmallow towers with toothpicks.
Another game we called "Rainbow Relay," where they have to fill up the cup with skittles, and the first team to do so wins.
We also played "Hot Sun," which is Hot Potato only with a yellow ball that looks like a sun, and planned to play "Pin The Cloud On The Rainbow," but ran out of time! They all had a great time, especially the birthday girl Lily!
Here is a picture of Lily the night before her actual birthday with the traditional balloon and stuffie awaiting her. The girls loved the Cupcake shirt I made for Chloe on her birthday so much, so I made one for each of them on their birthdays as well. Lily's is a blue rainbow shirt that she was really happy with.


She put him on her shoulder like how Rapunzel put Pascal on her shoulder in the movie Tangled, a movie we got her for her birthday and that she LOVES.



Here is the whole crew!
Here is a picture of Lily the night before her actual birthday with the traditional balloon and stuffie awaiting her. The girls loved the Cupcake shirt I made for Chloe on her birthday so much, so I made one for each of them on their birthdays as well. Lily's is a blue rainbow shirt that she was really happy with. 

She loved the googly eyed giraffe we got her:
She put him on her shoulder like how Rapunzel put Pascal on her shoulder in the movie Tangled, a movie we got her for her birthday and that she LOVES. 
On her real birthday a few days ago:

Happy Birthday Lily! We love you so much!

