"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Monday, July 4, 2011

Big Rock







We love to go out to the Okotoks Big Rock and climb on it and walk around.







The above picture makes me realize that Isabelle has had a growth spurt and needs longer pants!!!! She has been wearing only shorts and skirts since it got warmer, and so I hadn't even noticed until I looked at this photo. Haha






The girls found this little rock and said, "Look Mom it looks like the rock off the Little Mermaid!" They all wanted a picture of them doing the little mermaid pose on it.














After we usually always go to the river in Okotoks and play at the playground they have there, and throw rocks in the river. We sat on this bench and it had this really nice memorial plaque on it:






The quotation says, "On judgement day, If God should say, Did you clean your house today?, I will say, I did not, I played with my children and I forgot."





I love that! So many times I feel guilty that the I am not cleaning when I play with the girls. I try to remember that the dishes and laundry will always be there, but they grow up so fast, it is more important sometimes to play with them and be with them. I found that especially suiting to read today because I had left a whole bunch of laundry and housework to take them out today and play with them.






Izzy asked if they could each take a rock home and paint it. I thought it was a great idea, so when we got home we did a little painting in the backyard while Olivia was napping.



The finished products! Izzy painted her rocks as a frog, a hamburger, and a car. Lily painted hers as a flower and she also painted a left over birdhouse we had. Chloe painted hers as a rainbow and she did a birdhouse too. Mine are the ladybug and the Mrs. Potato Head. It was actually really fun. The whole day was.