"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lately...

We love this lilac tree on our front yard.  When we open the windows the smell is heavenly.  The girls LOVE riding their bikes around the block every single day.  They have all said some pretty adorable things lately and I want to record them on here so I can look back one day and smile:

-Olivia once asked Chloe to write something for her on a piece of paper she was coloring, but Chloe just walked away and said she was too busy.  Olivia then shouted out, "But Chloe, you are my best friend!"  Chloe liked hearing that and came back to help her.

-Chloe was playing with some boys at Mom n' Tots that we go to, and I overheard the following conversation:
Boy 1: I am NEVER getting married.
Boy 2: I am never getting married either, YUCK.
Chloe: You don't have to kiss you know, you can just hug.

-We had the missionaries over for dinner, and when they arrived I called the girls up to the table.  I said, 'Girls come up for dinner, the missionaries are here!"  I heard Chloe shout out, "Oh boy, I hope they're handsome!" 

-She has since told me that wants to marry a missionary one day.  Olivia has said the same thing.  One day we ran into a pair at Superstore, and she said, "I want to marry a missionary.  They are so handsome."  A pretty good goal to have I think!  Olivia has also said, "Daddy is my prince.  I am going to marry him."  Ben said she has also said she is going to marry Grandpa and sometimes she'll say Brock. 

-Olivia: "Mommy I'm so hungry my tummy's going to melt!"

-Lily after watching The Parent Trap (a show where the parents are divorced.) : "If I had to choose between living with Mom or Dad, I would choose Mom because then I would never get in trouble."  I discipline them too, not just Ben, I swear!

-Izzy: "When mom worked as a scientist, was she a mad scientist?"

-At a walk in Fish Creek Park an older man came jogging toward us, wearing only shorts and runners because it was so hot out that day.  Olivia pointed at him and yelled out, "Hey!  He is naked!"  Made him laugh.

-At that same walk, Chloe kept calling some birds, "robbers."  She meant to say robins I think.  2 teen boys came walking past us and Olivia said, "Look Chloe more robbers!"  Chloe said, "No those are just boys.  Handsome boys.  I want to marry one.  The one with the handsome hair."

-We had to stop by my parents' house one evening on a school night.  It was too late to have everyone go inside for a visit.  The girls were upset they weren't going inside to see their beloved grandparents. Whines and compains were all around.  Olivia topped them all by saying, "Daddy, you are being mean, like Captain Hook!"

-Olivia seems to lately want to blame everything on Lily for some reason.  She was eating some old chewed up gum one day that she said she found on the floor, and when I wondered out loud who put it on the floor she said, "Lily did it."  I found some peanut butter on the wall once and said out loud,"Who put this peanut butter here?" Olivia replied, "Lily did it."  Even though Lily never goes near peanut butter, she hates the stuff!  When I asked Olivia who scribbled on her bed post, knowing that it was her, she said, "Lily did it. She's real rude."  Lily just laughs at this.  She's a good sister.

-Lily put my sunglasses on one day and said, "Do I look hot?"  I said, "What do you mean hot?"  She said,"You know like hot, like someone has a crush on me hot."  Oh boy!

-Our girls love the movie Monsters Inc.  There is this one line they love from it, where the lady is teaching the monsters why it is so important to always shut the door behind them.  One monster questions if it is important, "...because it could let in a draft?"  And the big boss steps in and says, "Because it could let in a child!"  One day Chloe and Olivia were getting ready to go play outside in the backyard, and Chloe unknowingly shut the door right it Olivia's face.  Olivia started crying, trying to open the door, and said, "Chloe doesn't want to let in a child!  Waaaaaa!"

-One day about a month ago, Olivia gave me a big, slobbery kiss right on the lips and then said, "There, now we're married!"

-Chloe and Olivia were out catching ladybugs and Olivia kept accidentally stepping on some.  She would go up to Chloe and say, "Chloe!  Chloe!  I have some bad news.  A ladybug is dead!"  Then she would find one that wasn't dead and say, "Chloe!  I have nice news. Nice news Chloe!  The ladybug is not dead!"

-Once Izzy and Lily were talking about some kids at school who were using bad words.  They said the kids said the "S" word, the "D" word, and the "S-H" word.  Confused I asked them to tell me what those words really were.  They said, "Stupid, dumb, and shut up!"  I was relieved that they weren't any worse!  They are still so innocent!