"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Sunday, February 27, 2011

Izzy Has Sew Much Fun

On Saturday, I thought I would give Izzy a little sewing lesson, something she has wanted to do for a long time. So, I decided to teach her to sew something really basic and simple--a pillowcase. She did a fantastic job!

We just used some old fabric I had never gotten around to using that she liked. It took a total of one hour to complete everything. It was great to spend the one on one time with her.

Her she is tracing the pattern, her old pillowcase:


Here she is ripping the fabric to make the edge straight. She wanted to use some of the scrap, ripped fabric to tie in her hair:



Pinning:



And here she is sewing away! She did a great job of keeping it at a good pace and keeping the fabric pretty straight:









The finished product! She loves her new pillowcase.



All of the other girls want her to make them one too!