"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Monday, February 21, 2011

Paper-Thin

Today Olivia was sitting at the table colouring with the older three girls, only instead of colouring on paper, she was colouring right onto her hand, as she often does. I stopped her and said to the other girls, "She thinks her hand is paper!" Chloe replied, "That's because she's skinny. And I am skinny too."

On a slightly different topic, I have been noticing more and more that Olivia holds writing utensils in her left hand. When she puts them down and picks them up to draw/colour/scribble, she always puts them in her left hand, and she holds them perfectly for writing. Izzy is left handed too. What are the chances of having two left handed children?