"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy 7th Birthday Lily!!!!






Here are a few more detailed tidbits about our seven year old Lily that I couldn't fit on her poster:

-she LOVES to play spy and spy on people. I once found a little note she had written that was titled, "THINGS TO DO." She wrote the following list under it, "1. Spy on mom and dad. 2. Have ice cream. 3.Do science experiments. 4. Have a nap." I thought it was the cutest thing ever. I remember her that day crawling into our room, trying to be sneaky. I realize now she was spying on us.

-she loves to practise cartwheels lately and has been working on perfecting them for a while. She is pretty good! She'll ask at the most random places if she can do a cartwheel there because she says she really wants to. Places like church, the grocery store, even the science center once! She once asked me in Superstore, "I just want to do a cartwheel right here, is that ok? Can I?" We have signed her and Chloe up for a Rhythmic Gymnastics class at the Talisman. It is a 6 week course. Hopefully she'll love it.

-SHE LIKES BOYS!!!!! She always seems to have a crush on someone, and often wonders out loud who she will one day marry. Just today she was talking about a boy in her church class and she said, "And I think I might have a crush on him." She was telling me about these two guest teachers they had at their school, to help the children learn some songs for this choir concert. Anyway, she said the one was a boy named Kevin and she had a crush on him, and one time she even yelled out, "Kevin I love you!" So we go to their choir concert to watch the kids sing and I am happy I get to see who this Kevin person is. The Principal introduces him, I see he is this older man, with long, greasy hair, and a scruffy face! I don't know what is was about him that she liked, but I must say, we were really surprised. If she ever says anything is cute, she always has to differentiate between "cute like a boy I like, or cute like a baby." We are not worried about any of this yet, but I am sure one day we will be. I am just glad she feels she can tell me and Ben all about it and I hope that never changes.

-She always "says it like it is," freely speaks her mind and isn't afraid to hold back. Which may not always be a good thing, we don't want her to hurt any one's feelings! We were at my parents house once, and she said, "Grandpa you are the best Grandpa ever, and I'm serious! I'm not just saying that!"

-She is very talented at reading and writing. She has told me that only her, Alexandra, and one other boy (whose name I cannot remember right now) are the only ones who can read chapter books, but she is the only one who can "write too." I think she means the only one who can write without help from the teacher. At the most recent Math Fair at their school, she proudly showed me this paragraph she had written all by herself. There were a fair bit of grammar and spelling errors, but she was so proud she had written it with no help from her teacher. So was I.

-She loves giving and getting affection! She often requests hugs and kisses out of the blue, and will give them freely too. A couple of times I was busy getting supper ready, or putting dishes away or something, and she came up to me and said, "Mom, I would like to just give you a hug right now, is that ok?" Of course I never turn her away! She loves to cuddle and be held still, which she may grow out of one day, so I'll take it while I can!

I can hardly believe she is already 7!!!! Time seems to be really flying by. We love Lily so much and are so happy she is our daughter. We are happy she gets to be in our lives.