"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Good Quote and some other random happenings....

I heard this quote the other day:
 
"Experience: The most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God, do you learn." --C.S.Lewis
 
Very true words indeed!  Even my kids are starting to realize this.
 
 
 
I made these chore charts for the kiddos.  So far they are working pretty well.  The various chores are on glass magnets I made from big glass pebbles and paper, and the boards are spray painted metal platters I found, with chalkboard paint in the middle.  This was my first time working with chalkboard paint...I love that stuff!  Super cool.  When the kids complete their chore, they move the magnet onto the main board.  The goal is to get their board empty!  They are usually really good at remembering the everyday things they need to do, but this helps them.  Plus, I added a few chores that rotate between them, like setting the table, sweeping after dinner, stuff like that.  They each requested their fave colour.
 

Olivia got to celebrate her HALF birthday at preschool.  We have never done this before.  She brought rice krispies to share with everyone.  She loved it and she now never misses the opportunity to tell us she "is NOT four......four and a HALF!"