"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stake Conference

We had Stake Conference last weekend, and it what feels like the first time in forever, Ben and I actually went to the adult session on Sat night....together!  Usually it's just one or neither of us for various reasons.  I really loved that session.  Pres Higginbotham gave a wonderful talk.  At one point he was talking about when they sent their son out on his mission, and how hard it was.  How teary eyed they all were, nervous for what lied ahead of him, sad to see him go, yet happy at the same time, and excited for him, and the experiences he would have.  It made me think about possibly sending my kids out one day, namely Isabelle, just because she is our oldest.  Also, she has said that she really wants to go on a mission. I know that may or may not change, but for now, that is her goal.  The thought really scares me!  I mean, I would be happy she is out sharing the Gospel, and doing that work, but maybe because she is only 10 right now, just the thought of her going out and being on her own really makes me nervous.  Pres. Higginbotham said he thinks Heavenly Father might have felt the same way sending us here to Earth.  Knowing that we would make mistakes and be on our own, away from His presence.  Yet, he knew too, that coming here was something we needed and would help us grow and progress in ways that we needed. I thought it was a nice comparison.  Anyway, it made me realize how Isabelle only has 9 more years (actually more like 8) until she is eligible for a mission....that is less time than we have had with her!  I know it's not like that would be the last time we would ever see her again, but it all just really opened my eyes to how quickly these years go by.  It really is bittersweet having your children grow up.  Sometimes it's hard to do, but we really need to make the most of these years!  Spend that quality time with them and love them and, really, enjoy them!  It is a blessing and honor to have them in my home and to be their mother. I do look forward to the life we have ahead of us still, and cherish this time we have together now.