"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Thursday, November 20, 2014

Happy Halloween 2014

I was asked to come in and volunteer in Olivia's class this Halloween  I thought I'd dress up as a leopard!
 This year we had:

Princess Leia

Izzy's dress was such an awesome find at Value Village.  During Halloween time they have all their old costumes sorted by color.  I was looking for something with puffed sleeves that she could wear and I found this!  $6 A great find.  She just wore a white turtle neck underneath, and voila, Princess Leia.  She didn't even need a wig!

This picture was taken on the school day, on actual Halloween.  I did her buns lower which is how Princess Leia's actually were.

 A 20's Flapper Dancer Gal

Lily picked this dress out at Value Village too, another great deal!  The sparkly gloves were a good find too.



A Crayon

Another great, inexpensive find at Value Village!  I made the cap though just out of blue foam paper.  Chloe was cast as a yellow crayon in her school's Christmas musical, but when they saw her costume they changed her to the blue crayon.
 

Coloring on the wall
And Queen Elsa

Let it go! Let it go!  There were SO many Queen Elsa's this year.  No surprise there!


 
She also got to dress up for her dance class, and wanted to be a Bumble Bee.  This is an old costume we had from previous Halloweens.
 


For the Halloween party we went to we went as our old PB and J costume.  Actually at the family dance they had, Ben and I won Best Costume in our category which was people ages 18-80!  It was a contest based on how loud people cheered for you, and we had our kids screaming their lungs out, so that's why we won more than anything! Fun times.
 

Some pics of the dance:
 


Lily and Katy both went as Flappers

Lily and baby Garrett


We carved pumpkins for FHE
 


Yucky pumpkin guts











I LOVE photos and I am super sentimental, and so here I made collages of all the girls past Halloweens....
 




And finally Trick or Treat time!
 
 



We went along a main road here in our neighbourhood.  I can't believe how jam packed it was!  My one friend who lives along there said she got 508 kids this year!  She said she spends $150 on candy every year.  She says she just sits out on her porch instead of opening and closing her door a million times. It was so fun for the kids to see their friends from school and church. A fire truck came and handed out fire hats to the kids, and probably kept an eye out for any injuries or problems. This is another reason why I love my neighbourhood!  There is such a sense of community and friendship.
 
Chloe and Olivia went out with Chloe's friend Elise, and later met up with Madge.


Lily had fun being free to roam with her friends Tessa, Janie, and Addy.

Olivia loved this blow up decoration of Ursula the Sea Witch!

Izzy and her friend Libby.  Along with Libby's mom they walked from her house all the way to the main street. She got tons of candy.

The whole crew at the end

And we ran into Abby along the way too. She went with some neighbours dressed as a 50's girl!
Happy Halloween!  Until next year....