"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Sunday, July 19, 2015

Fiedltrips


I love to go on fieldtrips with the girls and their classes, but it's hard to do it with Olivia needing to be picked up at lunch time.  So I was only able to go on a few this year, but I really enjoyed all of them.

Here I am with Lily and her class at the Bennett Center.  They learned about physics and levers and made cars and boats and objects with movable jaws!




And I went with Chloe to the ZOO! Wow we have not been to the Edmonton Zoo for years, and it has a brand new entrance and a new section for the seals. It was fun, but bitterly COLD out that day.  We spent most of our time inside thank goodness.
 


 
I have been able to volunteer a lot in Olivia's kindergarten class.  They only went on one actual field trip this year, and I got to accompany them!  We went to Safety City! So fun! They have such cute little buildings, and the kids all LOVED riding those mini quads! It's a great place to learn about road safety.
 




 
 
I also went with Izzy to the Legislature, which was so interesting and cool for me.  They got to have a mock session, where they all played certain roles, and they pretended to pass a law.  Growing up in Okotoks, we never had the chance to go there on a fieldtrip so I found it especially fun. I only have one picture from that day, and it was of the whole group and was professionally taken.  Ill have to scan it onto the computer and put it on here one day!
 
I hope to go on more fieldtrips with the kids this coming school year with all 4 of them in school all day!