Isabelle and Lily had the opportunity to be part of a musical theater group this year. They did the play Mary Poppins. Izzy was cast as Mary, and Lily was cast as a maid, a chimney sweep, Mr Dawes Jr, and a toy soldier. I was so blown away by how AWESOME all of the girls in their group did! It was a smaller group, only 12 girls total, and yet they did this long play with all of these scenes and parts and roles. Izzy has done a musical theater class in the past, and loves to sing, and she did such a fantastic job! Lily enjoys singing, but doesn't LOVE it, but I was so amazed by how wonderfully Lily did! She had a few solo parts, and she sang out so loud and clear. Her teacher said it is often easier to perform when you are in costume. I never thought about that before, but it makes sense. It was a great experience for Izzy and Lily to be part of this. My parents came up from Calgary to watch them. I will have to post the link to the video, but here are a bunch of pics from the final show to enjoy!
| This was the whole group at their year end party. |
| This was both the older group and the younger group together at the end. The younger group did Peter Pan. |
We went out after for some celebratory DQ! Congrats Izzy and Lily for doing such a great job!
