"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Saturday, August 24, 2013

Izzy's 10th Birthday

 
Ok, so I fell WAY behind on my blogging.  Isabelle's birthday party happened back in April and I am just now blogging it!  I have photos and stories from Spring and all Summer to blog about too, so stay tuned!
 
 
This year Izzy asked to have a Spa/Makeup Party.  It was fun and a perfect party for our 10 year old.
 
Here are the invitations we made:
 
 
 
 They are Eye Masks with all the info on them, and ribbons on the edges.
 

Here she is the night before her actual birthday, with her birthday balloon waiting:


We wrapped up every item in her lunch like we did Lily's.  What a surprise she was in for.  She loved it!


We bought her favorite sugary cereal for her to have on her birthday morning:


Lily used  her own money to buy Izzy this googly eyed Seal that she knew she wanted.  She was returning the favor that Izzy had done for her:


Here are the little cupcakes I sent with Izzy to share with her class:

 
Party Time!  The cupcakes and goody bags.  Isabelle just requested plain cupcakes with blue sprinkles:




Here are all the girls:
 
We played many Makeup and Spa games.  The first one was Guess The Lips.  I had each girl put on red lipstick (that they each got to take home after, thank you Dollarama!) and then secretly kiss the poster in a spot that only I saw.  I made an answer key, and the girls had to guess whose lips belonged to who.  Olivia kind of smudged her lips haha, can you guess which ones are hers?
 
 
Then the girls got to decorate a Sleep Eye Mask with puffy paints:
 


Izzy painted eyes on hers and words that read, "Don't Disturb."


Then the girls got to make homemade lipgloss.  They really liked this activity and it wasn't as messy as I was expecting it to be.  You just melt Vaseline in the microwave and add Kool Aid.  And food coloring if you want, but really the Kool Aid colored it well enough.  It made it smell really good too.  Some of the girls also added cake sprinkles.  The girls then got to squeeze it out of a plastic baggie into one of these little containers.  Here are their end results:


Cake time:


Make a wish!



Gift time!  Izzy loved this ball Dalmation that one of her friends gave her:


And the party ended with the girls giving each other manicures while we waited for parents to come pick them up.  All in all it was a lot of fun! 


 
Happy 10th Birthday Izzy!