Lily got baptized on April 20, 2013. I know that it is now July, and I am only now blogging about it, but we have had computer troubles as well have been very busy with... life! It was memorable event that I want to record. It was a wonderful day, and one she had been looking forward to for some time. I had very tender feelings as I watched her go under the water and come back up. The Spirit was very strong. It was sweet to watch her receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost as well. I am so happy she got baptized and received the Holy Ghost and I know Heavenly Father is too. I also felt very grateful that we have the Priesthood here on the earth and that we are able to perform these ordinances and have these gifts in our lives.
We had everyone from out of town come on over to our place for a lunch first. It was nice to visit and see everyone.
My dad was recording her here as she read some scriptures out loud:
The necklace is actually a locket with space for 2 photos. Lily said right away, "I want to put a picture of me on my baptism day on one side, and a picture of Jesus on the other." Great idea!
New scripture case, purple and frilly!
All ready to go in her new white dress:
With her Bestie Cousin, Rory:
She loves the Scripture stickers and markers we got her. It is not a rare sight to see her up in bed reading and marking her scriptures. In fact, I got a picture of it one night!
Here is a picture Izzy took of her and I before we left:
These are some of the cousins from my side of the family. We all came early and so we were able to gather for a picture. She had many more cousins from Ben's side attend too, but we just didn't get a picture of them. We are grateful for everyone who came and showed their love and support to Lily on this special day.
Lily requested that Ben wear this Bow Tie for her baptism. She loves when he wears it.
We are so glad Great Nana was able to make the trip up from Cardston:
And my parents too, from Calgary. The roads weren't that great, and so we are grateful they were all kept safe.
Lily loves Nana and Grandpa Herget
And Grandma Gwenn and Grandpa Dennis
Here they are right before she got baptized. Ben had to wear this old fashioned suit from the 70s that they had there, complete with belt and all. It was actually too small, and so they luckily found a longer one he could change into. It was quite funny.
And here she is with Emma! Lily asked Emma to speak at her baptism and she did a great job. Lily shared the evening with 2 other children, and so, each child was allowed to request one speaker, and Lily chose her big cousin Emma who she admires.
Many more people came, but I did not have my camera out to take photos of everyone. Here is a little pic of some of the people signing her pillow case. It is fun to read through everyone's signatures. Lily was actually the first one in her church class and in our ward to get baptized and so it was fun to have her friends come and see.
She recorded this entry in her journal about her baptism day, that later fell out, and so before it got lost I took a picture of it:
| So sweet |
We are really glad that Lily wanted to get baptized and that she is gaining a testimony of the Savior. It was a wonderful day and evening. We love you Lily!
























