So my friend from church threw a bridal shower for her cousin and she posted some pictures of it on facebook. At one point she had some of the little girls that were there try on their mom's wedding dresses. It was the cutest thing ever! So I thought one week for FHE we would do that too. We first had a lesson on choosing a good man to marry one day and getting married in the temple. I had the girls list qualities they wanted in a future husband one day. I must say they were really nice to read. They included qualities that ranged from "holds the priesthood and goes to church" to "is really strong and can protect me" to "has a scruffy face." (That last one was one of Olivia's!) I remember doing something similar when I was in YW once, and it always stuck with me. I know my girls are young, but I figure it is never to early to figure out what kind of person they hope to marry one day.
After, I told them I had a surprise and I went downstairs and brought up my wedding dress. I told them they would get to try it on and they loved it! Here are the photos I took of them:
| Goofy girls. They had fun trying it on. |
| Olivia was probably the most in awe of the dress and was so quiet and gentle when she wore it |
I really do look forward to the day they get married! I hope that they choose a man with good qualities and who can marry them in the temple.
