Lily (and really all of us) LOVE to watch The Cake Boss. This year Lily had a Make-A-Cake birthday party. It was really fun for all the girls to decorate their own little cakes! I had so many sprinkles and what not from past birthdays I have kept, that we had more than enough stuff to decorate the cakes with.
| Day of her party--so excited |
| Here she is helping me with her invitations, little cupcakes in cupcake liner envelopes. I made these for Chloe's 4th cupcake birthday party, you can see here! I actually kept the template all these years, so they were super easy to make again. |
| Lily had fun helping me make the Olaf goody bags for the guests to take home. |
| Hard to believe she's 9! |
| Aww sweet hug |
Ok, so this party was by far the one where I had to do the most prepping I have ever done for a party before. I found these cute little glass turn table plates at Dollarama for $3, and they worked perfectly. Friday I baked a total of 8 little cakes, one for each girl, including my 4. I baked them 4 at a time, so that part wasn't too bad. It was making all the icing that was a pain! So I first "dirty iced" them (a Cake Boss term!) where you just coat them with a thin layer of white icing. Then I made 8 little bags of different color icing the girls shared to decorate with. Then I also made 8 batches of fondant! Marshmallow fondant. I had never made it before and so I wasn't sure if it was even going to work out, but it actually worked great! The recipe I used actually made enough for 8 little batches so it was perfect.
All ready to go with icing galore, small treats and sprinkles!
Lily kept saying, "Thank you mom for making this party for me! Thank you mom!"
So when everyone arrived they each picked a color of fondant to use, and they got to work rolling it out and laying it on their cake. Then they had a blast decorating!
Ben---he's always such a good help at birthday parties! I wouldn't do them if he didn't help out. Love him!
Janie having fun rolling her fondant out
And the finished products! The girls loved that they got to take them home to share with their families.
Lily said she didn't want ANY games except one, Pass the Parcel. I read a whole bunch of little rhymes like, "Don't be a tease, don't be a flirt, pass it to the one with the most stripes on her shirt!" And then at the end of the poems, the lucky girl holding the parcel got to open it up and keep the surprise inside! There were 3 boxes in that box, and each one just had a fun little dollar store toy in them.
One of the rhymes was about finding the girl with the largest hands, so here they are comparing. Lily's were the biggest!
Tessa won the last prize!
| Each girl with her cake |
| Cupcake time! |
| Blow out those candles Lily! |
| Present time |
| Lily loved the sweater we got her. I can't remember what everyone was laughing at. Probably some joke Lily made! |
These girls LOVE to be goofy! I'm glad Lily has good friends like these. Happy birthday Lily! We love you!
