"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will -- to your surprise -- miss them profoundly."

--Thomas S. Monson, 2009







Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Time


I love this quote!  It seems to become my mantra every spring when the snow comes and goes as the season trasitions into spring.  Just be patient....the spring WILL come! 


 
Some wonderfully talented girls in my ward started up a little craft group where they make a cute craft once a month.  This was one of the crafts we made one month.  I brought it home to go in Lily and Chloe's room and of course, when Izzy and Olivia saw it they wanted one in their rooms too!  So I made them one too.  It was fun and easy!
 

And here are they are one night, ready for bed!  I have some big plans for this room!  Stay tuned for the final results!


Here is Olivia and Ben and Izzy one night.  EVERY night Olivia asks for a bedtime story from Ben, who tells her these long, detailed stories.  Izzy likes to come sit in and listen. They LOVE them.  On nights that Ben doesn't tell a story, Olivia will lay there and tell herself one!  It is pretty cute. 


She is so precious as she sleeps, I couldn't resist taking a pic:

 
Here are my two older girls, looking so old lately!  It won't be long before I have 2 teenagers, and then 4!  This was after an Activity Days where they did hair stuff.  Lily got her hair crimped as you can see.  They both have such beautiful, shiny, long hair. 
 
 
 
It seems as if time is going faster than ever.  A couple of weeks ago, I was feeling like I was almost too busy with stuff-- the girls various activities, church stuff for both me and Ben (he is in busy YM), and just life in general.  I feel like I was almost rushing my interaction with the girls, which I hated!  Now that basketball is over, and Ben isn't reffing, I really feel like our lives have slowed down a bit more, which I love.  I really want to slow down and enjoy my time, and especially my time with my ever growing children!  They really will be teenagers before I know it.  I am trying to make the most of the time we have right now, when they are all still little girls.