My friend on FB had this fantastic idea of how to easily have one on one time with your kids, and we have totally adopted the idea and LOVE it! What we do is, once a week (for us it's Tuesdays) we let one child stay up later with Ben and I. About an hour later, after the other kids have gone to bed. They look forward to that time alone with us, and start planning what we will do for that time well in advance. They have done things like make rainbow loom bracelets, build the Marble Avalanche Racer, play playdough, color together, play a round of one of our many board games, or a variety of it all! Ben and I always talk about doing one on one dates with the kids which involve taking them out, etc. but we always have such a hard time finding the time. Or we'll do it once, and then months go by without doing it again. This is just so easy and simple, and it's really special for the kids to have us all to themselves for that time. Plus the convenience of just staying home and doing a simple activity with toys and stuff we already have is just so great!
Speaking of bracelets, the girls have gone crazy with making them! Even Olivia knows how to make them. Her BFF taught her how to make one, and she came home and taught the rest of us! It was called The Twisty Taffy. The different styles have such cute names.

|
| Izzy at breakfast one morning with her new "sleeve" of bracelets |
And just on a random note, here is pic of Izzy and Lily I found on my phone from last year. People sometimes tell me they look so similar, and sometimes they even ask if they are twins. I usually see no similarity between them, but in this picture I could see some. I think we were at Costco here, they were playing with my phone.